Nations need change. Yet the change they need will not come from the United Nations neither our authorities. It will ONLY come from God and will ONLY begin with us God’s people coming together, in one accord, in a unified effort that transcends all denominational and cultural, ethnical and racial barriers, to Him in prayer for the change that the nations need, exactly like in the book of Acts on the day of Pentecost.
We have a great opportunity and privilege of joining all watchmen worldwide each year on Saturday before Pentecost Sunday to weep between the porch and the Lord’s Altar, saying:
- “Spare your people/ “the nations”, O LORD; (Joel 2:17b)
- FOR YOU GOD make nations great, and destroy them; YOU enlarge nations, and disperse them(Job12:23-25);
- “Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD, the people He chose for His inheritance” (Psalm 33:12).
We travail/ cry out for the nations of the world per continent (North, Central, South America; Africa; Asia; Australia; the Islands; Europe). We also enhance our prayer that day with fasting on that day.
Praying for nations is scriptural: “Ask of Me, and I will give you (us in Christ Jesus) the nations for your inheritance…” (Psalm 2:8); “Even those I will bring to My holy mountain and make them joyful in My house of prayer. Their burnt offerings and their sacrifices will be acceptable on My altar; For My house will be called a house of prayer for all the peoples.” (Isaiah 56:7). And He began to teach and say to them, “Is it not written, ‘My house shall be called a house of prayer for all the nations’? But you have made it a robbers’ den.” (Mark 11:17).
As said Robert Sterns: “There is only one house that the Lord is building.” Jesus said and repeated, “My house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations”. And in these last days, we are seeing the restoration of God’s house of prayer in the earth.
The Lord Who called us to pray for our own land/nation is also pointing to high levels of intercession /supplication/ travail for all lands/all nations.
To stand before God on behalf of one person or one nation is one thing; to stand before God on behalf of nations is something entirely different and praying for the whole world seems to be a vast task but God knows no boundaries, no limit.
So where and how should we start:
- Repentance: “If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” (2 Chronicles 7:14). God’s promises here are real changes (forgiveness, spiritual deliverance and healing for our souls and our lands) if we will truly humble ourselves in repentant-prayer before Him:
– for ourselves,
– on behalf of the Church of our Lord Jesus Christ in our nation and in the nations of the world;
– on behalf of our authorities and the authorities worldwide,
– on behalf of our nation and the nations worldwide.
Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out; that times of refreshing may come from the Lord… (Acts 3:19, 20)